Prepare for: Certified Food Protection Manager (ServSafe) certification
Train to be: Food Preparer, Short Order Cook, Pastry Chef, Sous Chef
- This is a comprehensive program can lead to leadership positions in both the front and back of the house.
- Train to be a line cook, sous chef, head cook, chef, and food service manager.
- In addition to proficiency in all aspects of food preparation, presentation, and serving, the course includes sessions on leadership and communication skills.
For Program Details:
For program details and cost click here: Professional Culinary Arts & Hospitality
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
35-2021.00 Food Preparation Workers
35-2014.00 Cooks, Restaurant
35-1011.00 Chefs and Head Cooks
11-9051.00 Food Service Managers
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list. All documentation must be submitted prior to admittance.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: contact CareersMTC1@manateeschools.net.
MTC is not an I-20 institution.