Prepare for: American Welding Society Certified Welder 1 and 2 certifications
Train to be: Advanced Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Technician
- This program Advance Welding Program consists of Pipe Welding with Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel using Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Welding processes in the 1G to the 6GR positions.
- Curriculum also includes pipe fitting techniques and blueprint reading.
Program Information Sheet:
Other Helpful Links:
Admissions (How to Apply):
Pre-requisite: the advanced program requires successful completion of Welding Technology and or Structural certification.
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
American Welding Society Certified Welder
1. 6G position 6” Carbon steel pipe SCH. 80 6010 root pass 7018 fill and cap
2. 6G position 2” Carbon steel pipe SCH. 80 6010 root pass 7018 fill and cap
AWS Testing available on:
2” and/or 6” Carbon Steel Pipe:
6G SMAW Open Root/No Backing
6G GTAW Open Root/No Backing Followed By SMAW
A 6G Pipe Test qualifies a welder to weld all weld joints in all positions in plate and pipe.
For more information, contact: Roderick Mitchell: 941.751.7900 x 1032, Email
MTC is not an I-20 institution.