What is a “technical school”?
Manatee Tech is a post-secondary institution of higher learning that offers applied technical diplomas and technical certificates for a variety of education and training programs focused on career and workforce development, as well as continuing education.
Where is Manatee Tech located?
Manatee Tech has four campuses:
- Our Main Campus is located at 6305 State Road 70 East in Bradenton.
- Our East Campus is at 5520 Lakewood Ranch Boulevard.
- Our North is located at 801 Ninth Street West in Palmetto.
- The West Campus (formerly the Freshman Building on Bayshore High School’s campus) is located at 5500 34th Street West, Bradenton.
What are the advantages of attending Manatee Technical College?
Manatee Tech prepares students for employment, licensure and national certifications in over 50 careers in the fields of building and construction, transportation services, hospitality and tourism, medical and health related services, public services, cosmetology, manufacturing, information technology, communication and business management and administration.
In addition to career prep programs, what other programs does Manatee Tech offer?
Manatee Tech also offers classes to adults seeking to earn their GED or to learn English, career training and high school completion opportunities for 16 and 17 year olds, as well as continuing education and non-credit enrichment classes.
Is Manatee Tech accredited?
Manatee Tech is accredited by the Commission on Occupational Education and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Individual programs are accredited by national organizations in their specific career areas.
What is Manatee Tech’s student completion rate?
Occupational Completion Points (OCP’s) are the standard the Department of Education uses to measure successful completion of course study. An OCP is an important indicator that a student has mastered the skills required for a specific job title. Using the standard set by the Department of Education, Manatee Tech students have achieved a 91 % completion rate.
What is Manatee Tech’s job placement rate for graduates?
Manatee Tech boasts a job placement rate of 91%.
How do I know if I qualify for financial aid?
- You must have a valid high school diploma or a GED.
- You must have a copy of your latest tax return. If you are under 24 years of age, you’ll need a copy of your parents’ return unless you can provide documentation that you meet one of the independency situations as outlined on the FASFA application.
- You must have a Social Security Number and be a citizen or eligible non-citizen (work visas do not qualify as documentation).
- You must have documentation of child support paid or received from your local Clerk of Courts. You can go also online to http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/childsupport as listed on the FASFA to obtain necessary documentation.
- Proof of SNAP (food stamps) will be required if you answer “yes” to receiving them on the FAFSA.
Click here for full details on applying for Federal Student Aid and the FASFA application process.