Prepare for: Certified Food Protection Manager (ServSafe) certification
Train to be: Baker, Cake Decorator, Pastry Chef
- A sweet future awaits graduates of this popular program.
- The curriculum covers basic and advanced preparation of a wide variety of baked goods and dessert items.
- Topics include breads, breakfast pastries, cookies, chocolate applications, cake decorating, and more.
- Graduates are qualified to work as pastry cooks and bakers under the supervision of a pastry chef or head baker.
For Program Details:
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: contact Nicole Kirchberg: 941.751.7900 x 1161, Email
MTC is not an I-20 institution.