Prepare for: NCCER Core and Building Trades certifications
Train to be: Commercial and Industrial Construction Technician
- Our program provides students with a comprehensive mix of academic and practical, hands-on training in areas of a residential and commercial building.
- Instruction focuses on broad, transferable skills and stresses the understanding of all aspects of the building construction industry.
- Students receive training in carpentry and installation of drywall, and basic skills in HVAC, plumbing fixtures, electrical components, concrete, and masonry.
- Training in construction OSHA, fork truck, and first aid are part of this program.
- The curriculum also includes include planning, management, finance, and underlying principles of technology, labor issues, community issues, health, safety, and environmental issues.
For Program Details:
For program details and cost click here: Building Trades and Construction Design Technology
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
49-9071 – Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute.
For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: contact CareersMTC1@manateeschools.net.
MTC is not an I-20 institution.