Prepare for: National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NI/MS) certification
Train to be: Computer Numerically Controlled Machinist, CAD-CAM Programmer
- Gain hands-on experience operating and setting up CNC mills and lathes; then advance to using CAM to program these machines.
- Learn blueprint reading and tolerances as well as the use of precision measuring tools like micrometers, dial calipers, gauge blocks and pins
- Earn valuable industry certifications that will remain with you for life.
- Prepare for entry into a variety of high-paying workforce opportunities such as job shops, medical device manufacturers and precision controls manufacturers.
For program details and cost click here: CNC Production Specialist
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
51-4011.00 Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
51-4012.00 Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For program information, contact: CareersMTC1@manateeschools.net.
MTC is not an I-20 institution.