Prepare for: Florida Cosmetologist licensure
Train to be: Cosmetologist
- Cosmetology covers training in all aspects of hair, skin, and nails.
- Specialized hair training includes cutting, styling, permanent waving, relaxing, coloring, lightening, and reconditioning treatments.
- Instruction in skin care prepares students to competently perform facials, apply make-up, and educate clients concerning personal skincare.
- Students also receive the necessary education required to perform manicures, pedicures, and artificial nail services.
For Program Details:
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
39-5012.00 Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list. All documentation must be submitted prior to admittance.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
MTC is not an I-20 institution.