Prepare for: CDA and state-required Dental Radiography and Assisting Expanding Function Certifications
Train to be: Dental Assistant, Orthodontic Assistant
- If you are creative and detail-oriented and want a career with great earning potential, this program is right for you!
- You’ll graduate with entry-level skills for general chairside, dental laboratory, and business office administration.
- Graduates receive a state certificate of radiography and dental assisting expanded functions.
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” 2. Attend an online program information session. Once the application is submitted, information will be provided via “To-Do List” within 1-2 business days. Check your personal email for log-in criteria. 3. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.4. Submit your criminal background information as shown on your “To-Do List.” Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
1. HESI Entrance Exam: More information can be found here:
Industry Certification: The Dental Assistant Technology & Management program prepares students for the certification examination and employment as Certified Dental Assistants. Certified Dental Assistants are recognized in all fifty states as individuals who have achieved, through approved courses of study and practical experience, a high level of competence and ability in the field of dental assisting. Graduates of the Dental Assisting program also receive the state-required certificates in Dental Radiography and Dental Assisting Expanded Functions.
Accreditation and Faculty: The program in dental assisting is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements”. Faculty hold advanced degrees, are qualified dental educators, and are Certified Dental Assistants.
Governing Agencies: Florida State Department of Education and the Florida State Board of Dentistry.
For More Information: contact Xela Brutus: 941.752.8100 x 2127, email
MTC is not an I-20 institution.