Prepare for: ASE T6 Medium/Heavy Duty Electrical certification
Train to be: Diesel Engine Specialist and Bus and Truck Mechanic
- If you have a passion for heavy-duty trucks and diesel engines, you can have a successful career doing what you love.
- You’ll learn to diagnose, repair, overhaul, and assemble diesel trucks and machinery.
- Earning and career potential is great as the demand for trained professionals continues to grow.
- The diesel industry includes semis, motor coaches, school buses, fire trucks, construction equipment, plus much more.
For Program Details:
For program details and cost click here: Diesel Systems Technician 1
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
49-9098.00 Helpers–Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
49-3031.00 Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute.
For exemption information, see TABE exemption in the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: contact Nicole Kirchberg, 941.751.7900 x 1161, Email
MTC is not an I-20 institution.