Prepare for: NCCER certification
Train to be: Commercial or Residential Electrician
- Trained electricians are in high demand in our area.
- Our students are prepared for employment in a variety of electrical industries.
- Our laboratory settings provide you with hands-on experience, simulating real-world job conditions.
- The program covers the use of tools, Ohms Law, blueprint reading, NEC (National Electric Code), DC and AC, circuits, conduit bending, residential and light commercial “rough-in/trim-out” of wiring, as well as basic safety and construction.
You may also be interested in Electrical and Instrumentation Technology 1 – Click Here.
For Program Details:
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute.
For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more Information: Contact Roderick Mitchell: 941.751.7900 x 1032, Email
MTC is not an I-20 institution.