Prepare for: State Officer (State of Florida) Certification Exam
Train to be: Police Officer, Sheriff’s Deputy, Security Officer
- Our Academy prepares students for employment or advanced training as Law Enforcement Officers in the State of Florida.
- The Academy is approved by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).
- Recruits are trained in firearm proficiency, defensive driving, defensive tactics, first responder, and academic areas of criminal justice.
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
33-3051.00 Police and Sheriff’s Patrol Officers
Admissions (How to Apply):
Pre-requisites for law enforcement applicants: Must be a U.S. Citizen, 18 years of age or older, have a high school diploma or GED, pass the Florida Basic Abilities Test (F-BAT), have good moral character, no felony convictions involving false statements or spouse battery. Applicants must be in good physical condition, pass a drug screen, successfully complete a polygraph, criminal history background check, and pass the physical assessment test (all 5 absolute standards).
- Attend Information Session at MTC Law Enforcement Academy. Every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 8:30 a.mm (please call to verify 941.752.8100 x 2000)
- Successfully Pass the FBAT entrance exam: CJBAT(FBAT) Exams: Information can be found here: https://manateetech.edu/testing/
- Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/
- Pickup paper Application from the Law Enforcement Academy front desk once you have passed the FBAT exam. Once the online application is submitted, information will be provided via “To-Do List” within 1-2 business days. Check your personal email for log-in criteria. Complete your “To-Do List” found in the paper application. Turn all paperwork into the Academy once it has ALL been completed.
For More Information: Please email MTCLawAcademy@manateeschools.net.
MTC is not an I-20 institution.