Prepare for: National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) certification
Train to be: Machine and Mill Operator
- Gain hands-on experience operating and setting up manual mills, lathes and grinders; then advance to operating and programming CNC mills and lathes.
- Learn blueprint reading and tolerances as well as the use of precision measuring tools like micrometers, dial calipers, gage blocks and pins.
- Earn valuable industry certifications that will remain with you for life.
- Prepare for entry into a variety of high-paying workforce opportunities such as job shops, medical device manufacturers and precision controls manufacturers.
For program details and cost click here: Machining Technologies
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
51-4035.00 Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal, and Plastic
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: contact CareersMTC1@manateeschools.net.
MTC is not an I-20 institution.