Prepare for: Florida Massage licensure
Train to be: Massage Therapist, Therapeutic Massage Technician
- This program covers an introduction to various types of therapeutic massages based on Swedish massage therapy.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic Massage Therapy and Clinical Practicum
- Statutes/Rules and History of Massage
- Theory and Practice of Hydrotherapy
- Allied Modalities
- Legal Aspects of Massage Practice
- Professional Ethics
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Our program is approved by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy and the Florida Department of health.
- Upon passing the Massage Licensing exam, students are eligible to apply to become licensed Massage Therapists.
FOR PROGRAM DETAILS:
For program details and cost click here: Massage Therapy
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
31-9011.00 Massage Therapists
31-9099.00 Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/
Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.”
2. Attend a Program Information Session.
3. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
4. Submit your criminal background information as shown on your “To-Do List.”
The application process also includes a physical exam and proof of a massage by a professional Licensed Massage Therapist.
The deadline for your completed “To-Do List” is 4 weeks prior to the class start date.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
Program Mission Statement: The mission of Manatee Technical College’s Massage Therapy program is to prepare students with the appropriate knowledge base, hands-on skills and confidence to be exceptional massage therapy practitioners.
For more information: contact CareersMTC1@manateeschools.net.
MTC is not an I-20 institution.