Prepare for: National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians’ EMT Exam
Train to be: Paramedic
- If you like working with others, helping people, and providing hands-on care, this could be the ideal career choice for you.
- Upon completing this program, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to be a member of the emergency medical services team as a Paramedic.
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Potential Careers and Outlook:
29-2041.00 Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Request a mandatory program information session presentation provided by the Career Counselor for more information regarding programming.
2. Apply to Manatee Technical College here: https://manateetech.edu/apply-now
3. Once your application is submitted, Information will be provided via “To-Do List within 1 – 2 business days. Check personal email for log-in criteria.
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Florida EMT Licensure
250 Hours of Patient Care Contact
Oral Interview with MTC Program Director
Advanced Placement Policy
Students are required to successfully complete all of the requirements and courses in the Paramedic Program to be eligible for graduation and to sit for the National Registry of EMT certification exam and/or the Florida paramedic exam. Advanced placement and experiential learning will not be considered.
Transfer of Credits
Manatee Technical College does not accept a transfer of credits for the Paramedic Program.
Manatee Technical College Paramedic Program does not award students credit(s) for experiential learning.
Initial Pass Rate: 100% – 2018-2019
Accreditation: The Manatee Technical College’s Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs [CAAHEP] upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Profession [CoAEMSP].
8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312 Rowlett, TX 75088
9355 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775
For More Information: Please email MTCPublicSafety@manateeschools.net.
MTC is not an I-20 institution.