Prepare for: PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification
Train to be: Certified Pharmacy Technician, Compounding Technician
- A pharmacy tech position provides a stable career, with many employment opportunities.
- Class curriculum includes pharmacy terminology, pharmacology, medication processing, and IV/chemotherapy preparation.
- You’ll also learn inventory control, automation/computer applications, and customer service.
- Pharmacy technicians work under the direction of a licensed pharmacist and are trained to prepare prescription medications, provide customer service, and perform administrative duties within a pharmacy setting.
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/ Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” 2. Attend an online program information session. Once the application is submitted, information will be provided via “To-Do List” within 1-2 business days. Check your personal email for log-in criteria. 3. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.4. Submit your criminal background information as shown on your “To-Do List.” Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: contact Amy Gates at 941.752.8100 x 2032, email
MTC is not an I-20 institution.