Manatee Technical College’s Practical Nursing program has been ranked as one of the Top 15 LPN programs of 2022 in the State of Florida.
Prepare for: NCLEX – Practical Nursing Exam
Train to be: Licensed Practical Nurse
- LPN’s are an integral part of any healthcare team, whether working in a hospital, long-term care facility, or clinic.
- You’ll receive both theoretical instruction and clinical experience in surgical, obstetric, pediatric, and geriatric nursing, acute care, long-term nursing, and community settings.
- The curriculum includes personal, family, and community health concepts, nutrition, human growth & development over the lifespan
- Build your interpersonal relationship skills while you learn mental health concepts, pharmacology and administration of medications, legal aspects of practice, and current issues in nursing also included.
For program details and cost click here: Practical Nursing
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
29-2061.00 Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
31-1014.00 Nursing Assistants
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” 2. Attend an online program information session. Once the application is submitted, information will be provided via “To-Do List” within 1-2 business days. Check your personal email for log-in criteria. 3. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.4. Submit your criminal background information as shown on your “To-Do List.” Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
1. Medical Terminology Course: More information can be found here: Medical Terminology Course Information
2. TEAS Test: More information can be found here: https://manateetech.edu/testing
The practical nursing curriculum for Manatee Technical College meets state educational requirements for professional licensure known as Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) Interstate, for the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.
For more information: MTCNursing@manateeschools.net
MTC is not an I-20 institution.