Prepare for: NCCT Tech in Surgery Certified (TS-C)
Train to be: Certified Surgical Technician, Surgical Scrub Technician
- If you want to make a difference each day, a surgical tech career comes with a high level of satisfaction and greater meaning as you help improve patients’ lives every day.
- In a simulated surgical environment, students practice preparing, setting up, and maintaining a sterile field, sterilization and disinfection procedures, preparation of supplies and equipment for surgery, and patient preparation.
- The study of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, microbiology, aseptic techniques, patient care procedures, surgical technology procedures, patient safety, use and care of equipment and supplies, CPR, employability skills, and basic computer literacy are part of the curriculum.
- Clinical learning experiences in an operating room and related areas are an integral part of this program.
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/ Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” 2. Attend an online program information session. Once the application is submitted, information will be provided via “To-Do List” within 1-2 business days. Check your personal email for log-in criteria. 3. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.4. Submit your criminal background information as shown on your “To-Do List.” Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: MTCAlliedHealth@manateeschools.net
MTC is not an I-20 institution.