Prepare for: American Welding Society Certified Welder certification
Train to be: Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Technician
- The program covers all four major welding processes including SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW.
- Also included is an in-depth study of the American Welding Society welding symbols and blueprint reading for welders.
- Additional training such as Torch Cutting, Plasma Cutting, and Carbon Arc Gouging along with related equipment is also covered.
- Graduates of our program are armed with marketable skills in a variety of welding processes for entry into the workforce.
For Program Details:
For program details and cost click here: Welding Technology
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
51-4121.00 Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: contact Roderick Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 941.751.7900 x 46032
MTC is not an I-20 institution.