The Financial Aid Office provides financial assistance to students who, without such aid, would be unable to attend. Grants and scholarships do not have to be repaid; however, students must make satisfactory progress in their programs in order to continue to be eligible for awards. The in-state tuition rate is $2.92 per clock hour. The out-of-state tuition rate is $11.71 per clock hour.
Expand the list below for Eligibility Requirements.
You must have a Social Security Number and be a citizen or eligible non-citizen ( you cannot use a work visa).
You MUST have a valid high school diploma or a GED®.
- Eligible High School Diplomas: Standard Diploma (Passed FCAT), Standard Diploma (GED® Exit Option), Adult Standard High School Diploma, Adult Standard High School Diploma (Alternate Assessment), Standard Diploma (FCAT Waiver), State of Florida Diploma (GED® only), Adult State of Florida Diploma (GED®)
- Non-Eligible Diplomas – (You need a GED®): Special Diploma (Option One), Special Diploma (Option Two), Online High School Diploma Certificate of Completion
Programs under 600 hours are not Pell-eligible however a FAFSA application needs to be completed to be considered for other grants and scholarships. We do not offer student loans.
Financial aid is not available for English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes or GED® Preparation classes.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Apply each year: Financial Aid is not automatically renewed.
Expand the list below for further details.
1. Create an Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID.
Follow the instructions on the site. An FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature. You must have an FSA ID before you can file a FAFSA.
2. Start your FAFSA application.
There are tips throughout the application to help you. Questions? Call 1-800-433-3243.
3. Input income & tax information.
When available, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, for both students and parents, to automatically import your tax information into your FAFSA.
4. List 015496 as your school choice.
015496 is Manatee Technical College’s Federal School Code. List it as the school choice in the “School Selection” section.
5. Sign your FAFSA.
Students, and parents of dependent students, can sign the FAFSA electronically using their FSA ID.
Remember: Parents must have their own FSA ID.
6. Submit your FAFSA
After successfully submitting your application, keep the confirmation page. This page contains your confirmation number and other important information.
Remember: Click Submit not Save Application
7. Apply to MTC
8. Submit Financial Aid To-Do List
Students are required to email all documents to email@example.com
No paper documents will be accepted.
Important: It is the responsibility of the student to contact the Financial Aid Office after FAFSA submission.
MTC’s Financial Aid Office does not notify students their application has been processed.
Expand the list below for further details.
Find Outside Scholarships
Any internal MTC-based scholarships will be automatically applied to your account based on your FAFSA results.
Here are a couple of ways to find a scholarship:
- Contact any organization you are affiliated with and inquire if they have a scholarship.
- Contact banks, foundations, and organizations with which you have no affiliation.
- Search for National Scholarships, such as https://www.mikeroweworks.org/scholarship/or https://www.100plus.com/student-scholarship or http://nancyetzscholarship.com/
- El Programa para Trabajadores Agrícolas del Condado de Manatee. Ask the Farmworker Career Development Program. Farmworker aid is available if you are a farmworker or the husband, wife, or a dependent child, a citizen or legal resident, and completed packinghouse or farm work in the last 24 months. See https://www.manateeschools.net/Page/7295 for more information. Contact them at 941.751.7947.
- Search for other scholarships, such as https://ncjwsarasota-manatee.org/
- Contact CareerSource Suncoast: https://careersourcesuncoast.com/
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship
Are you a Florida Bright Futures Scholarship recipient?
If you are a Florida Bright Futures Scholarship recipient contact the Office of Financial Aid at 941.751.7900.
Florida Prepaid College Fund
Have a Florida Prepaid College Fund?
Bring your Florida Prepaid College Fund Qualification Sheet to Student Finance
If you participate in the Florida Prepaid College Fund, submit your qualification sheet printed from the Florida Prepaid College Fund website to firstname.lastname@example.org so payment can be correctly applied to your account.
Let us know if you are a Veteran.
Manatee Technical College is certified by the Florida State Approving Agency for Veterans Educational Benefits. Veterans may apply for educational benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov. Veterans are also encouraged to complete a FAFSA to determine qualification for additional funds. See the Veterans Education Benefits Page for more information.
If you have any questions, we are happy to help!
MTC Financial Aid Office
6305 State Road 70 East
Bradenton, FL 34203
- Aurea Gonzalez
941.751.7900 x 1037
- Deborah Tomlin
941.751.7900 x 1087
941.751.7900 x 1036