Prepare for: QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
Train to be: Accounting Assistant, Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
- Are you a “numbers person” and interested in pursuing a career in accounting?
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment of business and financial operations will grow by 10 percent by 2026!
- Students learn double-entry accounting principles; methods of recording business transactions; preparation and analysis of various documents and financial statements.
- Also included in the curriculum are payroll records and tax forms; accounting control systems; account and transaction analysis; inventory methods; the aging process; depreciation.
- Both manual and computerized accounting systems are part of the course.
For Program Details:
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
15-1151.00 Computer User Specialists
43-3031.00 Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute.
For exemption information, see TABE exemption in the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more Information: contact Terri Parrish: 941.751.7900 x 1033, Email
MTC is not an I-20 institution.