Prepare for: ASE Collision Repair & Refinish certification
Train to be: Automotive Body Repairer, Finishing Technician
- Prepare for a lucrative career in the automotive repair and refinishing industry.
- Learn basic trade skills in refinishing, sheet metal repair frame, unibody squaring, aligning, the use of fillers, paint systems, undercoats.
- You’ll also learn related welding skills, trim-hardware maintenance, glass servicing, and other miscellaneous repairs.
- Cost estimation and customer service skills are also an integral part of the curriculum.
For Program Details:
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
49-3021.00 Automotive Body and Related Repairers
51-4122.00 Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: contact Nicole Kirchberg, 941.751.7900 x 1161, Email
MTC is not an I-20 institution.