Prepare for: ASE Automotive & Light Truck certification
Train to be: Automotive Service Technician and Mechanic
- Automotive technicians are in high demand nationwide and earning potential is great.
- A career as an automotive technician is exciting with continuing advancements in engineering and technology.
- Students prepare for employment or advanced training in the automotive industry.
- Class and laboratory activities include instruction in applied theory, the use of tools, equipment, materials, and processes found in the industry, with emphasis on diagnostic troubleshooting.
- This program is NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation, Inc.) accredited.
For Day Program Details:
For Evening Program Details:
Other Helpful Links:
Possible Careers and Outlook:
49-3023.00 Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
MTC is not an I-20 institution.