Prepare for: Mercury, Yamaha, National Marine Electronics Association, and the American Boat and Yacht Electrical certifications
Train to be: a Marine Boat Mechanic and Service Technician
- This program focuses on outboard engines and 2-stroke and 4-stroke theory with an overview of inboard gas and diesel engines.
- Students learn the use of tools, equipment, fuel, and cooling systems and how to troubleshoot and repair boats and engines.
- Our program is a member of the American Boat and Yacht Council, National Marine Electronics Association, and the Association of Marine Technicians.
For Program Details:
Other Helpful Links:
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks
Possible Careers and Outlook:
49-3051.00 Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
Marine Service Technologies: Newsletter
Admissions (How to Apply):
1. Apply to MTC at https://manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/quick-docs/
For more information: contact CareersMTC1@manateeschools.net.
MTC is not an I-20 institution.