January 30, 2024
The National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA) has announced the newly elected board members and officers who will serve the three-year term from 2024 through 2026. New to their posts are Tim Banaszak, Southeast Navigators, Juneau, Alaska; Allen Schneider, Si-Tex, Riverhead, N.Y.; Mike Reimer, International Marine, Boynton Beach, Fla.; Tom Milanette FLIR, Hudson, N.H.; and Freddie Fowler, Manatee Technical College, Bradenton, Fla. Jim George and Brian Swanke were also re-elected as Secretary and Treasurer respectively by the membership.
• The Great Lakes Towing Co. (GLT) has hired Salvadore Menoyo for its business development team. Menoyo will take on the position of vice president — special projects.
• Austal USA’s Matthew Graham was presented with the Architect of the Year award by the Mobile Area Council of Engineers (MACE). MACE recognizes engineers in the community for their achievements and leadership, a tradition that has been in place since 1967.
• Danfoss Drives announced that Hannes Leichtfried has been appointed head of sales and marketing for the Drives business segment in North America.
• C-Innovation, an aﬃliate of Edison Chouest Offshore (ECO) and its family of companies, has promoted Rebecca Dufour to commercial manager. Dufour will be responsible for providing commercial support throughout the project lifecycle.
• Manson Construction Co. announced that general superintendent David Nielsen has been recognized as the recipient of the 2024 Golden Beaver Supervision Award.
• Performance Inflatables Co. LLC, a portfolio company of Pinewell Capital, announced the acquisition of AERÉ Marine Group. AERÉ will be maintaining its location in Coral Springs, Fla., to continue servicing the global boating and yachting market.
• Last week, the Shipbuilders Council of America (SCA) announced its new board of directors’ leadership and the incoming chairs of the SCA partners committee. Brad Moyer, vice president of BAE Systems Ship Repair, is now the chairman of the board. David Carver, president of General Dynamics NASSCO will join Moyer as vice chairman. Both Moyer and Carver will serve alongside board of directors secretary Caitlin Sause, vice president of government and public affairs at SOMAR Inc. and treasurer Garrett Rice, president of Master Boat Builders.
• AIRMAR Technology Corp., an ultrasonic transducers and chirp technology company, announced its purchase by Amphenol Corp. Airmar will continue to retain its headquarters location in Milford, N.H.
• NOLA Terminal has hired Anthony Barrois to serve as terminal manager for its flagship operations facility on the Mississippi River.