Child Care Center Operations
Program Description & Requirements:
This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in the Education & Training career cluster; provides technical skill proficiency, and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Education & Training career cluster.
The content includes but is not limited to organizational leadership, financial management, legal obligations and responsibilities, educational programming, marketing strategies, assessment, monitoring practices, observations, referrals, and collaboration of programs with families and community resources.
Florida Director Credential Core Requirements:
- Possess an active Staff Credential (Excluding Employment Recognition Exemption)
- Other Core Requirements:
- Possess an Accredited High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Complete the 30-hour Part I Department of Children and Families (DCF) “Introductory Child Care Training” https://www.myflfamilies.com/services/child-family/child-care
- Complete 8 hours of in-service training regarding children with Disabilities (DCF’s Special Needs Appropriate Practices course will meet this requirement). Refer to https://www.myflfamilies.com/services/child-family/child-care for additional information.
In addition, the Director Credential, Level I requires:
- Core Requirements
- Completion of an approved “Overview of Child Care Management” https://www.myflfamilies.com/childcaretraining course or a Director Credential issued by another state.
There are additional requirements for the Director Credential, Level II and the Advanced Level. Refer tor additional information.
For more information for international students click here:
Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
For more information about this program contact Kristi Mellin: 941-730-9963,
or Email at email@example.com
MTC Main Campus, 6305 State Road 70 East, Bradenton, FL 34203
Pre-requisite: the advanced program requires successful completion of Welding Technology and or Structural certification.
1. Apply to MTC at https://www.manateetech.edu/apply-now/. Submit your application to access your “To-Do List.” You are not accepted into the program after applying, you must complete your do list.
2. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session handout: Click Here (PDF, 1.5MB)
3. View the Main Campus Virtual Information Session video: Click Here (YouTube video)
4. Complete your “To-Do List” at https://www.MTCdashboard.net.
Note: The Basic Skills Assessment must be taken within 6 weeks of your admit date unless exemption criteria have been documented per State Statute. For exemption information, see the Student Handbook located here: https://www.manateetech.edu/students/quick-docs/
Program #V200206 CIP# 0419070802
*Estimated Tuition, Lab, and Fees (includes administrative fee)
Additional Fees Due Prior to Pre-Admittance
*Estimated Total Cost of Program
*Prices are subject to change
Not Pell Eligible (for programs under 600 hours)
All pre-admission fees are non-refundable and not covered by Financial Aid.
Prices are subject to change.
Annual fees (charged each academic year from July 1—June 30).
Textbook estimate. Current book list and prices.
Tuition is $2.92 per hour for Florida residents. Tuition is $11.71 per hour for Non-Florida residents.
Visit MTC Financial Aid page for more information.
Florida Department of Education: Frameworks (rtf)
Approx. 8 weeks